PharmaQuant is looking for Copy Editor who would assist technical team in conducting editorial review of deliverables as well as contribute to the timely completion of projects. The position entails that the content of assigned projects is grammatically correct and in line with internal or external style guidelines.
Copy Editor is expected to implement deliverable following specific internal or external style guidelines and collaborate with internal team members to solve project-specific challenges throughout the life cycle as necessary, so that quality is adhered to, and timelines are met. As a Copy Editor, you will also be responsible for elements of the Company’s social media landscape and consistently reflect the brand voice of the company in writing style.
- Copyedit/proofread reports, dossiers, and various publications as required.
- Identify and fix flaws in logical flow.
- Ensure quality, speed, value, and compliance throughout the review process.
- Implementing deliverable following specific internal or external style guidelines (e.g. AMA Manual of Style, internal brand-specific templates).
- Applying grammatical knowledge and relevant internal guidance from scientific lexicons, style guides and checklists.
- Verify cross-references that appear in the text, specifying the placement of tables and illustration.
- Effectively manage own time.
- Work to short notice and to very tight turn arounds, when necessary.
- Collaborate with internal team members to solve project-specific challenges throughout the life cycle as necessary, so that quality is adhered to, and timelines are met.
- Understand and consistently reflect the brand voice of the company in writing style.
- Responsible for elements of the Company’s social media landscape including LinkedIn, discussion forum and community.
- Oversees corporate communications and branding in various online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and industry magazines.
- Master’s degree in English or a related discipline.
- 2- 4 years of experience as an editor, copyeditor, or proofreader of promotional and medical (non-promotional) content for publishing, communications, or advertising agencies, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Ideal candidates will be currently employed in scientific publishing or medical communication or will have an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Familiarity with various style guides including AMA Manual of Style/Chicago Manual of Style.
- Moderate to high level of competency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and flexible with an ability to cope under pressure.
- Excellent copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of publishing functions, process, and formats.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
PharmaQuant offers a competitive salary and benefits package, in line with your experiences, including:
- 40 days of paid holidays in a year (including 10 national holidays).
- Performance-based bonus scheme.
- Individualised growth plan.
- Opportunity to travel to international/national conferences.
Please email your resume (in pdf/word format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code “CE-2023” in the subject line.