Health Economist / Statistician
PharmaQuant is looking for Health Economists/Statisticians to join our team based out of Kolkata, India. We are a fast-growing healthcare consultancy firm respected globally for the quality and innovation. Our research enables pharmaceutical companies to successfully launch innovative medicines.
Health Economist/Statistician are expected to develop a range of economic models/statistical analyses which communicates the costs and benefits of healthcare interventions in the pharmaceutical industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world. As a Health Economist/Statistician, you will also be responsible for developing your own skills in decision modelling, network meta-analysis and related statistical analyses. The candidate will receive extensive on the job training from senior health economists and senior statisticians. PharmaQuant provides opportunity to work in a very dynamic environment with diverse workload and people from diverse background.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research, scope and develop a range of economic models, predominantly in Excel, including cost effectiveness, cost utility, cost minimisation and budget impact models.
- Develop statistical analysis plan and perform analysis in R as per client requirements.
- Provide written methods and results of models/analyses in reports, health technology assessment (HTA) dossiers, abstracts, posters and publications as required.
- Devise and develop value communication tools in Excel and their supporting documentation.
- Develop and present slides of methods and results internally and externally.
- Master’s degree in Health Economics/Statistics (or related) discipline.
- Relevant consultancy experience could be considered for the candidates without relevant post-graduate qualification.
- Hands-on experience in a modelling/statistical analysis role within a pharmaceutical company, consulting agency or academic institution.
- Knowledge and practical application of methods of economic evaluation is desired, but not mandatory.
- Experience in Excel (including VBA programming) and modelling skills are essential.
- Experience of working with patient level data is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with clients on issues related to projects.
- Ability to manage own time to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and flexible with an ability to cope under pressure / with competing demands.
- A good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry is desirable, but not mandatory.
PharmaQuant offers a competitive salary and benefits package, in line with your experiences, including:
- 40 days of paid holidays in a year (including 10 national holidays).
- Performance-based bonus scheme.
- Individualised growth plan.
- Opportunity to travel to international/national conferences.
Please email your resume (in pdf/word format only) to email@example.com with reference code “HE/ST-2019/06” in the subject line.