Senior Health Economist / Senior Statistician
PharmaQuant is looking for Senior Health Economists/Senior Statisticians to join our team based out of Kolkata, India. We are a fast-growing healthcare consultancy firm respected globally for the quality and innovation. Our research enables pharmaceutical companies to successfully launch innovative medicines.
Senior Health Economists/Senior Statisticians are expected to lead and drive a range of economic models/statistical analyses which communicates the costs and benefits of healthcare interventions in the pharmaceutical industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world. As a Senior Health Economist/Senior Statistician, you will also be responsible for undertaking business development activities and managing client relationships. PharmaQuant provides opportunity to work in a very dynamic environment with diverse workload and people from diverse background.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research, scope and develop a range of economic models, predominantly in Excel, including cost effectiveness, cost utility, cost minimisation and budget impact models.
- Develop statistical analysis plan and perform analysis in R as per client requirements.
- Provide written methods and results of models/analyses in reports, health technology assessment (HTA) dossiers, abstracts, posters and manuscripts; as required.
- Devise and develop value communication tools in Excel and their supporting documentation.
- Assist PharmaQuant Directors in scoping discussion with the clients and contribute to the development of client ready proposals for health economics modelling/statistical analysis projects.
- Provide strategic health economic/statistical insights into projects.
- Provide quality check support to the team.
- Develop and present slides on methods and results internally and externally.
- Support thought leadership initiatives within the Health Economics space by leading internal research streams.
- Train, mentor & coach junior members of staff in the group.
- Provide internal and external training in relevant topics.
- Potential for line management responsibilities, if desired.
- Master’s degree in Health Economics/Statistics (or related) discipline.
- Relevant consultancy experience could be considered for the candidates without relevant post-graduate qualification.
- Extensive hands-on experience in a modelling/statistical analysis role within a pharmaceutical company, consulting agency or academic institution.
- Knowledge and practical application of methods of economic evaluation.
- Proven project management experiences with ability to deliver as per client expectations.
- A good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage.
- High level of competency in Excel (including VBA programming) and modelling skills are essential.
- Experience of working with patient level data is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with clients on issues related to projects.
- Ability to manage own time and others’ time to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and flexible with an ability to cope under pressure / with competing demands.
PharmaQuant offers a competitive salary and benefits package, in line with your experiences, including:
- 40 days of paid holidays in a year (including 10 national holidays).
- Performance-based bonus scheme.
- Individualised growth plan.
- Opportunity to travel to international/national conferences.
Please email your resume (in pdf/word format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code “SHE/SST-2019/06” in the subject line.